‘WE WON’T GIVE UP’ Kate and Gerry McCann ‘may hire private detectives again if Met abandons Maddie search’
The little girl disappeared when she was just a toddler while her parents were on holiday in Portugal more than a decade ago, sparking a global hunt
Exclusive – By Tracey Kandohla – 12th September 2018
MADELEINE McCann’s parents could hire private detectives again to find their daughter if authorities abandon the search.
Kate and Gerry promised “we will continue the search for our little girl – we couldn’t bear for her to be forgotten” as a request for fresh cash from the Home Office was made.
Madeleine McCann disappeared more than in 2007 ago while her family was on holidays in Portugal
But Kate and Gerry’s family spokesperson Clarence Mitchell said the family would consider other options if the request for funding was knocked back.
He said: “Whether funding is extended next month to allow the investigation to continue, or not, is entirely a matter for the Metropolitan Police and Home Office.
“If no extra funding is neither sought nor approved they will never give up searching and hoping. They have their own public fund set up in their daughter’s name which they would use to explore alternative avenues.
“One option would be to employ their own team of private investigators again although their powers for search and interrogation aren’t on the same par as detectives.”
Kate and Gerry McCann have vowed to continue to search for their little girl
Maddie disappeared 11 years ago, and would now be 15
(For her potential likeness now follow Source Link
The parents of missing Madeleine McCann describe the pain 10 years on
More than GBP11million has been spent on the probe to find Maddie after the three-year-old disappeared while on holidays with her family in Portugal more than a decade ago.
But despite the global search, there has been no significant clues as to what could have happened with Maddie’s parents Kate and Gerry continually fighting for more funding.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the force is “in dialogue regarding future funding” with the Home Office.
A Home Office spokesman said: “To date no request has been received from the Metropolitan Police Service to extend funding for Operation Grange beyond the end of September 2018.”
Detectives are reportedly in ‘dialogue’ with the government for more cash
Maddie’s parents said they could not ‘bear for her to be forgotten’
Madeleine McCann parents’ spokesman reveals ‘only two or three people on the planet really know what happened to Maddie’
The department said any request for further funding by the Metropolitan Police will be “carefully considered”.
Controversial Op Grange can only continue if a request for extra cash is applied for and approved.
As yet no fresh plea from the Yard for more money had been made as another “D Day” looms for embattled Kate and Gerry. The last GBP154,000 handout, on top of previous others, was made at the start of April.
It comes after it was revealed detectives involved in the case have been secretly visiting Portugal in the past year.
Five return flights were booked to the country, where the toddler from Leicestershire disappeared in 2007, Met Police documents revealed.
Maddie disappeared on the evening of May 3 from her bed in a holiday apartment in Rua Dr Agostinho da Silva, Praia da Luz, where she had been sleeping with her brother and sister.
She would have turned 15 on May 12, 2018.
A number of potential leads have emerged since the little girl vanished, but none amounted to anything and no arrests have ever been made.
In 2010, Maddie’s distraught parents met with then-home secretary Theresa May to talk about the hunt for their daughter.
The following year, Scotland Yard launched its own review, named Operation Grange, into the case at the behest of the future PM.
THE SOURCE LINK HAS ALL THE PHOTOS REFERRED TO IN THE ARTICLE